I go between being completely excited to stressing that we won’t be able to afford this house. I really am not quite sure how I will feel tomorrow. We have our walk through at 9am and settlement at 10am. I’m going to try to take some pictures tomorrow of the inside of the house. This should help Will and I with our paint color selection too. We can then apply the paints virtualy and see how they look. I would really like to pick out paint in the next couple of days so that we can get moving on painting the house.
I have an rough estimate from a no-sand floor refinishing company who I think we may get to come in an refinish the hardwood floors. They also quoted almost $700 to remove the existing carpet which I think we can do ourselves, especialy if it saves $700. What ever ‘magical’ process they use invoves two different groups of chemicals and then in the end the floor is coated with an acrylic urithane. The samples on their site look good but I’m not really sure what we should do. This method is supposedly cheaper, cleaner, and faster than having someone sand down your floors etc. They need about 3 weeks notice so we have to decided in the next week or so.