Ultimately as parents we want to do the best for our kids to put them on a path to success (whatever that’s defined as). This makes unschooling interesting because as much as I see its effects and I see my children learning sometimes there is a little voice deep deep back in my head that’s doubting it. That’s when I look to unschooling success stories to reassure me that there is a path for grown unschoolers.
5 Unschooling Success Stories
- Ashtra Taylor – Filmaker and artist unschooled till age 13.
- Idzie Desmarais – Grown unschooler who writes at I’m Unschooled. Yes, I Can Write.
- Eli Gerzon – Writer, traveler blogs at eligerzon.com.
- Roya Sorooshia – Unschooled since the age of 10, runs a successful Etsy store and works for a nonprofit and blogs athttp://royaboya.blogspot.com/
- Julian Baptista – Successful Musician, unschooled since 3rd grade.
This list is short but there are many more. Theses stories remind me that unschoolers find their own path to “success”.