I love homeschooling but sometimes I forget how different my life (and my kid’s lives) would be if we didn’t homeschool. Here are my 7 most under-appreciated things about homeschooling that I should be immensely thankful for.
- No packing lunches. – I don’t know about you but I am so happy we don’t have to pack lunches every day.
- No homework. – As a working parent my evenings with my kids are precious and not having to bug them to do homework is fantastic.
- We can travel off peak. – We can take trips mid-week and go to museums and other places when the are less crowded.
- The ability and freedom to learn how to learn. – Homeschoolers (unschoolers especially) are free to learn how to learn instead of learning specific items.
- Time with the kids. – We get to spend more time with our kids interacting with them one on one.
- No classroom politics. – We don’t have to worry about curriculum issues, unhealthy school lunches or lack of recess.
- Time for the kids. – The kids have all the time they need to explore new ideas and topics. They can skim or fully digest a topic before moving on, the choice is theirs.